What is the Patient Portal?
In our ongoing efforts to improve the quality of care that SHC Medical Partners provides our patients, we are offering a new way to communicate with us online. The Patient Portal is an easy way to get in touch with your care team. It is a secure, web-based system that allows real time access to certain elements of your medical record. Additionally, it allows you to complete the following:
- email your care team directly
- request refill of your prescription
- receive information from your care team
- research health information and topics
- add or update your personal information
- request appointments
- review existing appointments
- review lab & diagnostic results
- review billing statements
Why should I enter the Patient Portal?
You know that getting in contact with your care team can be challenging at times. This two-way messaging allows you to contact our office electronically, and also allows our medical providers and office staff to communicate with you. Using the Patient Portal will allow you to bypass voicemails and telephone trees, and allow you to communicate with us at your convenience, 24/7, from any internet device.
****Please note that this service is for non-urgent communication only***
When you connect to the Patient Portal, you are NOT connecting to our actual office computer system, but a secure web site hosted elsewhere. Only the limited information you see is stored on the portal.
The Patient Portal messages are entered directly into the patient’s chart, so it is important that the patient use their own portal – not another patient’s (family member, friend, etc.) portal. A whole family can sign up under one email address for notification, but then each family member will need to have their own username and password.
How do I sign up for the Patient Portal?
In order to use the Patient Portal, you must first obtain a username and password. For security reasons, we cannot register patients for the portal over the phone. Our staff will register you at your next visit.
You will need to have a permanent email address that you check regularly. Private health information will not be sent to your email; instead the email will alert you that you have a new message posted on the Patient Portal.
How do I know my health information is secure?
SHC Medical Partners has made deep investments to secure your information. Data sent via the Patient Portal is encrypted and 100% secure. We want to keep your health information secure and confidential. Therefore, the system will lock you out with 3 failed attempts to enter the portal. Call our office to unlock your portal account.
If I sign up for the patient portal, can I still call the office to talk to my medical provider or make appointments?
Yes, the Patient Portal is not to be used for urgent or emergency matters. For any questions that require an immediate response, you must call the office and speak to a member of your care team.
If I am having problems with the Patient Portal, who can help?
If you are having trouble or just want to talk about what you can access or do in the Patient Portal – our Patient Portal Support Team is here to help you. You can call 1-888-303-6682 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Information about the Patient Portal
- Use is for non-emergency communication and requests.
- The Patient Portal is used for communication between appointments. The Patient Portal does not replace your scheduled appointments.
- The Patient Portal is not checked on the weekends. It is only checked during regular business hours.
- Please allow up to 24 – 48 business hours for us to respond. For prescription refills please allow 48 – 72 business hours.
- We will not send any private health information to your email.
- We will send you an email only when necessary, to request that you access the secure Patient Portal to review private healthcare information that we have posted on your Patient Portal.
- Documents and forms cannot be attached to the Patient Portal messages.