Lazy Mom Chicken Noodle Soup
Submitted by: Brandi Rotello, NP – Chipley, FL
- Cooked Chicken – I like to use a rotisserie chicken from the deli and pull it apart.
- 1 or 2 cans of green peas with carrots
- 32 oz bottle of Swanson Chicken Stock
- 12 oz bag of egg noodles
Instructions: Throw everything into the pot except the noodles and bring to a boil. Pour in the noodles and cook until tender. Add water as needed and salt & pepper to taste. Takes about 10 minutes tops!
Lesa’s White Chicken Chili
Submitted by: Lesa Harrell, Care Navigator – Louisville, KY
- Jar of Randall’s navy beans
- 8oz Block of pepper jack cheese (cubed)
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 16oz Jar of Pace Picante sauce (I like hot but mild works well too)
- 2 cans chicken broth
Instructions: Boil the chicken breasts until done (about 20-30minutes). Shred the chicken up and put in crockpot. Add all other ingredients to the crock pot. Stir and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.
Instant Pot – Creamy Mushroom Wild Rice Soup (from pinchofyum.com)
Submitted by: Melissa Audy, NP – Atlanta, GA
Ingredients for the Instant Pot:
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- half of an onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 copy uncooked wild rice
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Ingredients for the Stovetop:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk (or milk alternative)
Instructions: Instant Pot – put all the ingredients from the first list into the Instant Pot. Cook for 45 minutes. Release steam using valve on top. Stovetop – When the soup is done, melt the butter in a saucepan. Whisk in the flour. Let the mixture cook for a minute or two. Whisk in milk until you have a smooth, thickened sauce. Mix the creamy sauce with the soup in the instant pot.
Chicken can be added. Just add to the instant pot with the other ingredients in the first list, and shred it when done.
Bacon can be added. Add 6 – 8 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon.
Daniel’s White Chicken Chili
Submitted by: Daniel Jones, PA — Mountain City, TN
- Boneless skinless chicken breast tenders, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can great northern beans
- Small can diced green chiles
- 1 pkg White Chicken Chili Seasoning Mix
Instructions: Brown chicken tenders and onion in skillet. Add to pot with next 4 ingredients and simmer. Add white chilcken chili seasoning packet. Bring to a boil to thicken. Eat and enjoy!!