Guarding Against COVID
From Day One of the pandemic, we have been diligent in our efforts to safeguard our residents, patients and team members from COVID-19 infections, incorporating what we have learned from credible sources such as the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (www.CDC.gov), AMDA’s Society of Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine (www.paltc.org), and others.
Here are some of the strategies that our team has employed to aggressively counter the impact of the pandemic:
Knowing the Facts and Dispelling the Myths
We have taken COVID-19 related education very seriously. From COVID-19 Friday huddles to talks from national experts, we have prioritized delivery of the most credible information on this topic to our team and other stakeholders.
Putting Evidence into Practice
Early in the pandemic we created a COVID-19 toolkit to assure that our team members had clear strategies to operationalize evidence-based measures in day-to-day care. This tool kit is continuously updated based on new evidence and has assured that we provide care based on recommendations of the highest credibility and quality.
Supporting our Practitioners and All Team Members
With a focus on employee well-being and engagement, we have provided: physical help at the frontlines; innovations such as telehealth where needed; on-demand education for staff; customer service for families’ needs; timely delivery of needed protective equipment; and much more.
Supporting COVID-19 Vaccination
Most of our team members were the first to accept the COVID-19 vaccinations. We have been relentless in supporting the credibility and promoting the effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- AMDA, Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine: https://paltc.org/story/guidance-and-resources-covid-19
- National Institute of Health (NIH): https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/
SHC Medical Partners Contributions to COVID-19 Related Knowledge
- Healthcare Leadership Lessons from COVID-19: https://agsjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jgs.17386
- Leveraging social media to respond to a global crisis: https://doi.org/10.1111/jgs.17057
- Solving the COVID-19 Crisis in Post-Acute and Long-Term Care: https://www.jamda.com/article/S1525-8610(20)30522-3/fulltext
- This too shall pass! PALTC is united: https://www.mcknights.com/blogs/guest-columns/this-too-shall-pass-paltc-is-united/
- Diagnostic Testing for SARS-Coronavirus-2 in the Nursing Facility: Recommendations of a Delphi Panel of Long-Term Care Clinicians: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7262162/