Collaborate. Elevate. Celebrate.
Team members who are engaged and happy, provide better care with better outcomes. Physical and emotional burdens, particularly in PALTC settings, are an ongoing challenge. Using strategies proposed by the American Medical Association, SHC Medical Partners has designed a formal approach to mitigate burnout—the Culture of Joy (COJ) Initiative.
Supporting a Strong Culture of Joy:
- Education about burnout issues and broader concepts for mitigation
- Leadership buy-in to design and help implement the COJ
- A survey tool, COJ Vital Signs, to assess practitioner engagement
Examples of COJ Initiatives:
- Monthly COJ calls to enhance peership and promote positivity
- Shout-Out program to acknowledge above-and-beyond actions
- Reimbursement for gym memberships, meditation and reading apps
- Clubs and contests to foster camaraderie
Monthly COJ Newsletter: