SHC Medical Partners Health & Wellness Centers are general Primary Care Medical Offices with a strong focus on primary medical and preventive care. We are committed to the highest quality of health and prevention awareness by delivering evidence-based urgent and chronic care. Through our holistic approach, SHC Medical Partners collaborates with all disciplines at all levels of care thereby facilitating an optimal care pathway for our patients and their family.
A. Patient- Focused Services and Individualized Education: SHC Medical Partners Health and Wellness Centers assure true Patient-centered focus through a well-planned approach that will require mandatory and periodic delivery of the following critical services in partnership with patients and families:
- Advance Care Planning discussions using patient-friendly tools
- Quarterly medication appropriateness reviews (Polypharmacy reviews)
- Education on chronic disease management strategies
- Education on healthy living and nutritional needs
- Patient Portal for each patient account to provide access to patient records, ability to request appointments, medication refills and etc.
- Group instructions around physical exercise and therapy needs
- Group instructions to maximize cognition and memory thru exercise and other digital resources
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Health Insurance Counseling
B. High quality Medical Services: Timely provision of evidence-based medical services through a primary care office will assure convenient access to our patients. These services will include:
- Annual physical exams
- Annual wellness exams including cognitive and functional assessments
- Referral to therapy services for maximizing function and independence
- Preventative care referrals such as mammograms, colonoscopies, etc.
- Vaccinations for Flu, Shingles and Pneumonia prevention
- Urgent care for common illnesses such strep throat, pink eye and ear infections, allergies, minor injuries, sprains and pains, and common skin conditions such as sores, rashes and sunburn etc.
- Chronic disease management for diseases such as diabetes, hypertension, heart failure, chronic obstructive lung disease, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis etc.
- Mental and cognitive care for patients with cognitive impairment and depression
C. Transitional Care Services and Care Coordination: Many patients require services in other venues and by many other professionals and disciplines. This adds complexity to delivery of effective care for many seniors.
Our team is highly trained to foresee and mitigate factors that may lead to mistakes, errors and confusions stemming from patients receiving care from different setting such as consultant offices, emergency rooms, and hospitals. SHC Medical Partners provide following services for effective transitional and care coordination:
- Prompt communication with medical providers in other venues
- Education of the patient and family after each transition, particularly around any new diagnoses, medications and laboratory results
- Medication appropriateness review after each transition
- Transitional care visits with the patients with recent hospital discharge and emergency room visits
- Comprehensive communication with the providers for patients that require admission to skilled nursing facilities after hospital discharge
D. Laboratory & diagnostic Services: Our Health and Wellness Centers will provide CLIA Waiver laboratory and diagnostic testing.