Collaborate. Elevate. Celebrate.
Team members who are engaged and happy, provide better care with better outcomes. Physical and emotional burdens, particularly in PALTC settings, are an ongoing challenge. Using strategies proposed by the American Medical Association, SHC Medical Partners has designed a formal approach to mitigate burnout—the Culture of Joy (COJ) Initiative.
COJ aims to improve facility-level work environments, develop workflow efficiency, and promote a culture of wellness and engagement. We meet challenges with teamwork, innovation, technology, and learning.
Supporting a Strong Culture of Joy:
- Education and awareness about burnout issues and broader concepts for mitigation
- Leadership buy-in to lead, design and help implement the COJ
- A survey tool, COJ Vital Signs, to assess practitioner engagement and burnout
Examples of COJ Initiatives:
- Monthly COJ calls to enhance peership and promote a positive environment
- Shout Out program to acknowledge above and beyond actions
- Reimbursement program for gym memberships and apps for meditation and reading
- Clubs and contests to foster camaraderie
Monthly COJ Newsletter: